Old Faithful Holsters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concealment ideas while wearing hospital scrubs??
06-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Thumbs Up Concealment ideas while wearing hospital scrubs??
So I just picked up a part time job for a private medical company and we have to wear hospital scrubs. I have asked if i can carry at work and they said it was okay! Sweet! Im sure the usual IWB holster with belt clips would work "okay" but with only a drawstring and really thin pants material, it may not stay completely seated on the pants with a lot of movement or if you actually had to draw the weapon. Is anyone aware of a belt loop style clip/clamp that uses a clamping force more than just a spring loaded tension?? I think if I could get the belt loops to actually "clamp" to the waistband of the scrubs, I would feel more comfortable carrying a weapon. Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I would be carrying my XD40SC. I have had other friends ask me about carrying with scrubs also and dont have any great ideas for it yet.

Cody
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Old Faithful Holsters
06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
RE: Concealment ideas while wearing hospital scrubs??
Hey Cody do a google search (images) for suspender,garter or bed spread clips. They make them in metal or plastic and they come in locking or spring loaded types. My son is a ER tech and we have talked about how to attached a holster to scrubs. He can't carry at work but wanted to have his gun with him after work if he has his scrubs on. Hopes this helps.Smile

Mikey
06-02-2012, 12:50 AM
(06-01-2012 03:26 AM)nevadahiroller Wrote:  So I just picked up a part time job for a private medical company and we have to wear hospital scrubs. I have asked if i can carry at work and they said it was okay! Sweet! Im sure the usual IWB holster with belt clips would work "okay" but with only a drawstring and really thin pants material, it may not stay completely seated on the pants with a lot of movement or if you actually had to draw the weapon. Is anyone aware of a belt loop style clip/clamp that uses a clamping force more than just a spring loaded tension?? I think if I could get the belt loops to actually "clamp" to the waistband of the scrubs, I would feel more comfortable carrying a weapon. Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I would be carrying my XD40SC. I have had other friends ask me about carrying with scrubs also and dont have any great ideas for it yet.

Most of our medical customers actually wear a belt and an IWB holster UNDER their scrubs. The wilderness tactical seems to be about the most popular for this purpose.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 08:59 AM
(06-01-2012 03:26 AM)nevadahiroller Wrote:  So I just picked up a part time job for a private medical company and we have to wear hospital scrubs. I have asked if i can carry at work and they said it was okay! Sweet! Im sure the usual IWB holster with belt clips would work "okay" but with only a drawstring and really thin pants material, it may not stay completely seated on the pants with a lot of movement or if you actually had to draw the weapon. Is anyone aware of a belt loop style clip/clamp that uses a clamping force more than just a spring loaded tension?? I think if I could get the belt loops to actually "clamp" to the waistband of the scrubs, I would feel more comfortable carrying a weapon. Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I would be carrying my XD40SC. I have had other friends ask me about carrying with scrubs also and dont have any great ideas for it yet.

I use to have Air Marshal rig that was a Kydex holster for the gun and held it in the middle of your chest. It had one stap that went over the shoulder and another one that went around the middle. They connected in the back and had another strap that came off the connection in the back to front where it had a quick connect to the holster on the other side. I hope that was clear as mud, but the best I could describe. You would think it would be noticeable, but nobody ever knew I wore it. It kept the gun secure in the middle of your chest and the grip was down so you could draw from up under your shirt. I know what your going to say, it is pointed right at your head, but if you follow the safety rules, it won't shoot you in the head. Hope that helps!
06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey Cody,
My son went to the gun show this weekend and got a belly band holster. It's like a back support belt with a elastic holster and magazine pouch sewn into it. He likes it, will keep you up to date if he has problems.

Mikey
06-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Mikey - I briefly looked into the clips and such but just didn't find anything that tickled my fancy. I will keep searching though. The belly band would be a half bad idea either. Let me know how it works out for him.

Ron - I will try wearing a belt under my scrubs this week and let everyone know how it works out. Thanks for the idea!

Renegade - I think a chest rig would print too much in scrubs the way that I am understanding it. I will keep that idea if nothing else works out. Thanks!

Cody
08-20-2012, 04:21 AM
Nevada, I've tried several different types of IWB types and the only thing that was remotely comfortable ended up being an ankle holster. The added feature of having REALLY loose fitting scrubs and no printing issues at all.
Old Faithful Holsters
08-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Cody, I've worked at a hospital but I've never had to wear scrubs with a gun.

Does your job require you to be very close to patients, such as leaning over them? If that's the case, I would strongly recommend that you use an ankle holster.

If that's not the case, I would try to take your scrubs to a local tailor and have them sew extra snap belt loops inside the waistband. Then wear some shorts underneath your scrubs, a belt that attaches to your scrubs with a holster. I've seen it done and it works.
08-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys. An ankle holster may not be too bad of an idea.

Cody
09-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I'll second the belly band idea. I have used it with gym shorts and it works well. What type of gun are you going to be carrying? If your not used to an ankle holster, make sure you practice with the new carry location.

http://www.crossfireholsters.com
http://www.crossfireholsters.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user